Thread: CRA Method of Verification

CRA Method of Verification

Can anyone point me to the section of the FCRA that says if I dispute a Collection Agencies claim that the CRA or the CA MUST Validate to the OC.

And...

If I ask the CRA for their MOV, that they have to validate to the OC on a dispute.

Is anyone aware or REALLY GOOD MOV letters for CRA's?

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by matiesse View Post
    Can anyone point me to the section of the FCRA that says if I dispute a Collection Agencies claim that the CRA or the CA MUST Validate to the OC.
    You will not find that in the FCRA, only the FDCPA section 809. The FCRA only requires that the data furnisher provide complete and accurate reporting.

Quote Originally Posted by matiesse View Post
    And...

If I ask the CRA for their MOV, that they have to validate to the OC on a dispute.

TIA
    They are only required to verify the information from the data furnisher. If the OC is not reporting, they will not be involved in the process. The correct term here would be a "Procedural Request" if you feel they did not investigate properly. That is described in FCRA 611 (a) (6) & (7).

Read this AoC file for the process of going through a procedures request.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Let's Go Mountaineers!!

Let's Go Drink Some Beers!!

If something seems too good to be true, it is best to shoot it just in case...

Nothing I post on this forum should be construed as legal advice.

RE: CRA MOV

Quote:
    Originally Posted by matiesse View Post
    You will not find that in the FCRA, only the FDCPA section 809. The FCRA only requires that the data furnisher provide complete and accurate reporting.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by matiesse View Post
    And...

TIA
    They are only required to verify the information from the data furnisher. If the OC is not reporting, they will not be involved in the process. The correct term here would be a "Procedural Request" if you feel they did not investigate properly. That is described in FCRA 611 (a) (6) & (7).

>> So, in essence, there is really nothing that we can do to force the CRA or the CA to verify a supposed debt with the OC if the OC is not reporting??? How do we force the CRA or the CA to validate a debt that is not ours when it's a "their word vs mine" dispute as to the validity of a debt. In this case, the CRA doesn't feel compelled to validate beyond the CA. In addition, beyond the "30 day rule' the CA doesn't feel compelled to say anything other than "It's yours".

Write dispute letters to the CRA and the CA until you get a response that your dispute is frivolous and then sue them in federal court. File your dispute to the OC that the CA is collecting for and dispute via FACTA. If the debt is indeed not yours, include them as a defendant in the suit. Also file an FTC complaint, AG complaint, and a BBB complaint on the OC, CA, and CRA. Chances are when they get the summons, they will be more than happy to entertain the fact that the debt is not yours. Sometimes you have to get their attention by slapping them up the side of their head.
    Let's Go Mountaineers!!

Let's Go Drink Some Beers!!

If something seems too good to be true, it is best to shoot it just in case...

Nothing I post on this forum should be construed as legal advice.